Just like humans during their aging process, our pets tend to get more mature, calm, and wise as they grow older. They may experience some signs of getting old such as graying hair, diminishing eyesight and hearing, arthritis, and overall health issues. But for us and our beloved pets, age is just a number. No matter how old our 4-legged friends are, our love for them will always remain the same. It might even grow bigger.
We love and admire the bond between a person and their pet.That’s the reason why we gathered pictures of senior animals to share with you. These pets may be old, but they never fail to make our days brighter. Scroll down to check for yourself!
1. “My old girl is still up and running at 15 years old. I give her the biggest hugs and tell her she’s loved every single day because I’ll never know when she decides it’s time.”
2. “2 days ago, my wife’s lifelong best friend Whiskey turned 21. Today, he blessed me with this moment.”
3. “He’s given me 19 years of love.”
4. “My angel turned 29 this week! I baked him a cake!”
5. “This guy has been by my side for 20 years today. He helped me through some rough times.”
6. “My 15-year-old senior lab has taken on teaching our new 8-week-old pup the art of life. Their relationship is the cutest!”
7. “My 15-year-old Chihuahua has very sensitive eyes due to iris atrophy. Here she is in her ‘doggles.'”
8. “Kria, my parents’ 13-year-old lady, has her own chair in the kitchen. A throne for a queen!”
9. “My old man is going to be 16 this year. He’s still a kitten at heart, but today calls for his favorite bed snuggles by the fire.”
10. A 17-year-old beauty
11. “Wooly is 14 years old and while his tippy taps have slowed down, they still deserve a round of applause.”
12. “Today’s the day! Brownie turns 20 years old! Here’s to 20 more!”
13. “My 15-year-old cat, Elwood, mostly hides behind the bed. Today, while I was working, he was brave enough to come out for pets.”
14. “Max (13) loves to watch people from our deck.”
15. “Dot (15) has definitely reached old dog status. She doesn’t have much energy to play anymore but is great to chill and be lazy with.”
16. “Happy our 14-year-old lady was the first to get a haircut in the house. She feels very pretty.”
17. “Molly the dog (12) and Stitch the cat (17) hanging out on my parents’ porch over the weekend”
18. “Carter (14) has been my best friend for over 5,000 days and I couldn’t ask for a better companion.”
There’s nothing like watching our kittens and puppies grow up from little and playful babies to mature and calm seniors. If you are one of the lucky ones to have senior pet companions, please share their photos with us in the comments below!