Cats can be cute creatures, but are not always fluffy balls of goodness. They often have a bad attitude, but even worse, they think they’re better than you. No matter how much we love cats, nobody can deny that they are little devils who cause trouble for their owners.
Dr. Lorie Huston explains that cats are “definitely not evil, mean, or vindictive by nature.” [Insert dad joke about cats being evil, mean, and vindictive by choice.] According to the vet, cats are like people in that they have very specific needs. If those needs aren’t met, well… prepare for trouble (and make it double!).
Recently, when data reporter Christopher Ingraham shared his naughty cat’s Machiavellian (Meowchiavellian?) tactics on Twitter, his thread quickly went viral. The post got over 24.1k likes and was retweeted more than 3.2k times. People, especially cat owners, couldn’t get enough of it, so they decided to share their own tales of cats acting ‘evil.’
If you want to read these stories, scroll down to see and don’t forget to share your own stories about your cats in the comments below.
1. “A cat drove me to drink and I never thanked him for it”
2. Could he BE jumping on any more stuff?
3. Well you know, us girls gotta stick together.
4. Close and bar the door!
6. So he is diving you nuts
7. He only wants you to make more exercise… He succeed, apparently…
8. Doors to be opened for NO reason?? No no … they need to opened simply because cats are always on the wrong side
9. Serves you right for making a cat wear clothing.
10. Have to give her credit – she’s a candidate for cat Mensa.