In the age of coronavirus and social distancing, millions of people around the world are forced to study, teach or work remotely. This is one of the best ways to protect ourselves and prevent spreading of the virus in community.
However, working and learning from home can be hard at times for many people, especially cat owners. Our feline friends can become jealous when they feel they’re being excluded, so it’s not surprising that there’s been a huge spike in the number of curious cats crashing zoom chats.
1. “Does everyone else’s cat feel the need to join you on every Zoom meeting?”
2. “First Zoom lectures recorded and uploaded. It looks like students are going to get to know my cats over the coming weeks…”
3. Me: I have a zoom meeting later
My cat: oh me too
“Live look at the cat in question right now”
4. “Your Zoom meeting grid as depicted by cats.” (Press play to watch.)
Cat-posts cat post of the day. pic.twitter.com/zDxEcsTrE1
— Dick King-Smith HQ (@DickKingSmith) March 21, 2020
5. Agreed, you must comply with this rule.
6. SOUND UP & wait for it. Seriously, it’s worth it. (Press play to watch.)
The higher quality video that went viral of Aurora the cat and Amelia the ballet teacher, remote dance lessons with a surprise finish! pic.twitter.com/gBk5Afj6jU
— Amelia Love Clearheart (@TheLoveOpera) March 24, 2020
7. Yo, just hit us with an invite because we are hard same.
I kinda wanna do a Zoom call with cat people and we just sit there and show each other our cats. pic.twitter.com/ueVHFkMnYl
— Maire is smarter than you want to think she is (@Maire_from_NJ) March 18, 2020
8. Crazy times call for crazy measures.
9. “current status at my house: 3 separate Zoom meetings going on in 3 separate rooms with 3 separate cats sitting on 3 separate laps. ????????????”
10. “We were testing out Zoom last night and holding our cat, something spooked her and this screenshot happened”
11. “When you learn leadership cut the budget for litter” (bottom row, center panel)
12. We’ve run the numbers and this checks out.
13. “Admissions director: ‘We’re all using Zoom all day, so we’re getting to know everyone’s dogs and cats. It’s great.'”
14. “Shoulder-mounted Zoom cat (or this is my life now)”
15. “Ready for our first remote lecture for Scientific Computing, broadcast from home via Zoom. The students are in for a surprise quarantine mustache. (The cat is just auditing.)”
16. When you need to practice your big presentation but you don’t want the audience to judge you too harshly.
17. “I thought I was attention starved. My Siamese cat is now joining my Zoom meetings and keeps hitting the unmute button.”
18. “My coworker told me I looked ‘very professional’ on the full-lab zoom call this morning because I was wearing a shirt with buttons, despite the fact that I was also holding a 16 lb cat like a baby”