Kindness is a simple concept, but it can make the world a better place. If you don’t believe, just look through these photos of rescued animals below and you will understand how wonderful the power of a loving home is. From sad faces in cramped cages to big smiles in loving homes, these poor animals found happiness in their new homes and can’t hide their emotions.
Scroll down to meet the lucky ones who were adopted and rescued by caring and loving families. From heartbreaking to heartwarming, these transformations are the best things you will see today.
1. “This is Pudding! Adopted 6 years ago, had to be taught to play after being used as a (useless) guard dog and chained up outside.”
2. “From a stray in Thailand to the queen of our apartment, meet Connie.”
3. Left: Ryker a few days away from euthanasia. Right: Ryker adopted and loving life!
4. “From a scared and starving kitten found under my boyfriend’s house, to a fat and curious little hooligan 6 months later.”
5. “Rescued this golden girl almost 2 months ago, and it’s like she is a different dog! Say hello to Luna.”
6. “I found Mick in my garage 3 months ago before taking him in. He’s come a long way.”
7. “One look at that sad face and I knew we had to save her. Old lady Madge is spending her golden years spoiled rotten and eating lots of peanut butter (with no teeth!).”
8. “This homeless cat got feline viral rhinotracheitis and couldn’t breathe. We spent 2 months curing her. And now she is OK.”
9. “They said it might take weeks to get adjusted. It’s been a week… I think he’s adjusting well.”
10. “From being found frozen into the side of the highway, to a gorgeous girl living the best life. She’s brought so much love into our lives.”
11. “3 weeks since rescued! Her name is Celery and she is the bestest girl.”
12. “This is Koya! She was a pregnant, starving stray with untreated allergies when I found her. Almost 2 years later and she’s a healthy loaf of a cat.”
13. “Freya was rescued when she was just 3 days old. I’ve been blessed to watch her grow from a mole to a cow.”
14. “We had fun recreating our first photo of Gus on the anniversary of his adoption. From sickly kitten to rambunctious cat.”
15. “From respiratory infections in a cage at our local humane shelter to Queens of the household.”
16. The New York Police Department rescued this large bunny! (It seems the policeman is happier than the bunny.)
17. Shelter dog cannot contain her excitement about getting adopted.
What do you think about these pics? Feel free to share your thoughts with us in comments below!